11. The _____ he said it he knew what a mistake he had made.
A. moment B. time C. occasion D. hour
12. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the _____ that its disadvantages are far greater than its advantages.
A. solution B. conclusion C .answer D. attention
13. Too often teachers’ _____ with parents involve complaints about children’s misbehaviors and laziness.
A. acquaintances B. associations C. conferences D. consultations
14. A new system of quality control was _____ to overcome the shortcomings in the firm’s products.
A. invested B. informed C. introduced D. instructed
15. We debated the advantages and disadvantages of filming famous works _____ intended for the theater.
A. absolutely B. conventionally C. regularly D. originally
16. He said that the medicine the doctor gave him brought _____ to his headache.
A. retreat B. recovery C. relief D. relaxation
17. Sociologists have long recognized that social tensions are _____ elements of group life.
A. average B. routine C. normal D. standard
18. Mary had taken pains to _____ that her guests had everything they could possibly want.
A. see B. know C. feel D. learn
19. Most people in the business world were told, when they began their careers, not to let their resume _____ one page.
A. expand B. exceed C. expose D. extend
20. A reply will be sent within the next few days along with _____ apology.
A. an honest B. an innocent C. a generous D. a sincere