1. According to the _____ of the contract, employees must give six months' notice if they intend to leave.
A. laws B. rules C. terms D. details
2. Mobile phones have proved to _____ with flight instruments and have a negative effect on flight safety.
A. interfere B. disturb C. interrupt D. trouble
3. She went to Europe on vacation but her happy time ended in _____ when their hotel caught fire.
A. tragedy B. crisis C. drama D. misfortune
4. Retail sales volume in local urban and rural areas rose 57.8% and 46.8% _____ last year.
A. individually B. respectively C. correspondingly D. accordingly
5. The managing director took the _____ for the accident, although it was not really his fault.
A. guilt B. blame C. charge D. accusation
6. The new automobile factory is expected to _____ around 30,000 to 50,000 vehicles annually in the first three years.
A. assemble B. service C. supply D. repair
7. In the Chinese mind the Spring Festival is _____ with nice food and new clothes.
A. joined B. related C. linked D. associated
8. Some people think they can read man’s _____ from his handwriting.
A. attribute B. feature C. property D. character
9. The young heir was so _____ that he gave all his money away in a couple of years.
A. handsome B. genuine C. talented D. generous
10. What you’re _____ to read may challenge your assumptions about the kind of world we live in.
A. around B. ahead C. above D. about