1. _____ the calculation is right, scientists can never be sure that they have included all variables and modeled them accurately.
A. Even if B. As far as C. If only D. So long as
2. I hope all the precautions against air pollution, _____ suggested by the local government, will be seriously considered here.
A. as B. since C. after D. while
3. We agreed to accept _____ they thought was the best tourist guide.
A. whatever B. whomever C. whichever D. whoever
4. Beer is the most popular drink among male drinkers, _____ overall consumption is significantly higher than that of women.
A. what B. which C. that D. whose
5. How is it _____ your roommate’s request and yours are identical?
A. if B. so C. what D. that
6. These people once had fame and fortune; now _____ is left to them is utter poverty.
A. all that B. all what C. all which D. that all
7. Professor Knight, _____ list of achievements includes two Nobel Prizes, will address the meeting tonight.
A. who B. that C. whose D. whom
8. He has made another wonderful discovery, _____ of great importance to science.
A. which I think is B. in which I think it is
C. which I think it is D. of which I think it is
9. _____ your role is, knowing who you are and what you’re good at is critical for success.
A. Whatever B. Whichever C. Whoever D. Whomever
10. It had been years _____ I visited my hometown and I was determined to enjoy my stay.
A. after B. when C. since D. that