1. We ______ play on the town square when we were children.
A. are used to B. were used to C. used to D. use to
2. He ______ dangers that doesn’t exist.
A. forever imagines B. is forever imagining
C. imagines forever D. forever is imagining
3. The point is worth ______. A. being mentioned B. mentioning C. to mention D. mentioned
4. The firm decided after a board meeting that the old machinery in the factories ______ with.
A. do away B. should be away C. should do away D. should be done away
5. I got a headache. Otherwise I ______ to the lecture.
A. would go B. would have gone C. went D. have
6. It’s high time that the girl ______ sent to school.
A. were B. was C. be D. is to be
7. They have all got up, and ______.
A. Jack has too B. so has Jack C. also has Jack D. Jack hasn’t
8. Never before that night ______ the extent of my own power.
A. did I feel B. had I felt C. I had felt D. I did felt
9. This depends on the purpose ______ the electronic device is used.
A. on which B. at which C. where D. for which
10. Jackson is not ______ as you imagine.
A. so a big fool B. so big a fool C. such big a fool D. a such big fool
11. It was when he took a job in a company ______ he began to learn English.
A. when B. that C. which D. what
12. It was president of the union ______ the students elected him.
A. who B. whom C. which D. what
13. Nancy is so poor that even fifty dollars ______ a big sum to her.
A. is B. are C. add D. equal
14. Truth and honesty ______ always best policy.
A. are B. is C. have been D. be
15. They found the conditions there ______.
A. much improve B. much to improve
C. much improved D. be much improved